LIAM MARTIN is the co-founder and CMO of TimeDoctor.com and Staff.com, which are tools that help manage remote employees productivity. Liam is also the co-organizer of Running Remote Conference. In this interview, we discuss how to manage, communicate, and hire on remote teams – and why you should join the Running Remote conference.
For a 20% discount to the Running Remote Conference, use the promo code “collaboration“.
Liam’s tips for working remotely:
- To help your remote colleagues know how to work with you, create a “blueprint of yourself” about how you work and how you think.
- Create internet speed requirements for your team (if the speed is less than X [you decide], you are “on vacation”).
- Using video helps people empathise better with each other.
- Meet in person on a regular basis.
- Remoteok.io and weworkremotely.com are great sites for hiring permanent employees
- Hire for culture fit before skills.
Podcast production by Podcast Monster
Graphic design by Alfred Boland
Interview, Managers, Podcast, Teams