- Avoid miscommunications
- Increase camaraderie
- Run problem free meetings where everyone contributes
- Inspire continuous improvement
Download the flyer – or scroll down for detailed course information.
Who this course is for
- High-level managers and coaches working with remote colleagues
- Team members who are enthusiastic about improving productivity and day-to-day communication with their remote colleagues
This workshop can be taken in two different formats:
- Online: four 90-minute, interactive online sessions
- Hybrid: half day in person + two 90-minute, interactive online sessions
How to register
Register for a workshop in one of the following ways:
- Register for any of the public courses listed on the FIND A WORKSHOP page.
- Request a private workshop for your team. Ask any licensed Collaboration Superpowers Facilitator to facilitate a workshop for your team.
This is not a “webinar”! You will be engaging in live conversations with real human beings who share your challenges. You are expected to be heard and seen throughout. As with any remote meeting, each participant of the workshop brings part of the meeting space with them. Please help yourself and others by ensuring you:
- Call from a quiet place.
- Have a stable broadband internet connection. Optimum bandwidth, i.e. internet speed on your side will be at least 10 Mbps download / upload. You can measure it using speedtest.net.
- Use a headset.
- Turn your video camera on.
- To optimise your set-up, follow these suggestions on how to have a great video conferencing setup.
The Work Together Anywhere Workshop is given by licensed Collaboration Superpowers Facilitators located all over the world. Each Facilitator determines their own price for the workshop. Please visit the FIND A WORKSHOP page to see the scheduled public courses, or contact a Facilitator to inquire about pricing for a private workshop.
Do you have other questions? We would love to answer them. Please contact us.
Detailed workshop information
Module 1 – Set expectations for how to work together
Avoid miscommunications and outline acceptable behaviors for how your team wants to work together.
Each team has its own personality and its own style of communicating. When we establish a basic set of guidelines for working together, we can remove costly misunderstandings. So how do we get every team member on the same page? In this module, we will dive into the process for creating virtual team agreements.
You will learn:
- How to establish a basic set of guidelines for working together on a remote team
- Common communication protocols for remote working
- Tools for capturing team agreements
- Create a productive workspace
- Why define normal behaviour
- What virtual trust looks like
- Define your team etiquettes
- Set expectations for how to work together
- Pro tips for your team agreement
Module 2 – Working together online
Increase the feeling of togetherness on your remote team by creating a productive and enjoyable virtual workspace.
There is more to a successful remote team than just attending meetings and completing tasks. In order to create a collaborative workplace online, we have to focus on different things to combat the “out of sight, out of mind” mentality, and increase that sense of team. In this workshop we explore how to better collaborate online, and the various tools and techniques for building trust and increasing camaraderie online.
You will learn:
- Best practices and tools for seamless online collaboration
- Ways to combat the “out of sight, out of mind” mentality
- Simple tips for increasing camaraderie and the sense of team/togetherness online
- How good is your online collaboration?
- What does a productive virtual office look like?
- Master remote communication
- Make the best of time zones
- How to make your work visible to your remote team
- Techniques for virtual team building
Module 3 – Facilitate online meetings like a pro
Learn how to setup and facilitate virtual team meetings to get the most engagement and interaction from your team.
Have you ever attended a virtual meeting that was full of bad sound quality, interruptions, and disengaged participants? In this module you will learn the basics for how to setup and facilitate virtual meetings.
You will learn:
- How to choose and effectively use online meeting technology
- Common communication protocols for effective remote meetings
- How to facilitate interaction and participation, and minimize distractions and multi-tasking
- How to look and sound great online
- Set up an engaging online meeting space
- Tips for hybrid meetings
- Create psychological safety in your online meetings
- Define your meeting etiquettes
- How to facilitate meetings online
Module 4 – Feedback, appreciation, and celebrations
Learn how to give and receive feedback on both small and big things to inspire continuous improvement.
On remote teams, giving and receiving feedback become critical elements for success. In order to feel more connected, it’s important to acknowledge contributions and accomplishments. In this module, we will dive into how to set a pattern for honest and useful feedback on your remote team.
You will learn:
- Techniques for rapid, continuous feedback
- How to set up 360 degree feedback systems so that colleagues and managers can more frequently measure each others performance
- Tools for showing appreciation
- How to conduct remote retrospectives
- The basics of giving feedback online
- How to give constructive feedback online
- The basics of showing appreciation online
- How to show appreciation online
What people are saying about the Work Together Anywhere Workshop
“We piloted the Work Together Anywhere workshop with several teams at Rabobank. I can see a difference between the teams who took the workshop and the teams that didn’t. Teams who followed the workshop are having more effective remote stand-up meetings, retrospectives and planning sessions. They meet on time with fewer technical difficulties and use a digital board to make work visible and track progress. It’s no longer a big deal for them to be remote.” – Robbert Windsant (Scrum master at Rabobank)
“My team adopted some of the tools we learned about in the Work Together Anywhere workshop and it has made our weekly calls so much more engaging.” – Cedric Borzee (Learning Services Director | CrossKnowledge UKI & Nordics – Member of Wiley Group)
“The Work Together Anywhere workshop has helped us immeasurably in building a successful & happy new distributed team.” – Mark Wightman (CTO at cloudhub360.com)
“The Work Together Anywhere Workshop gives you facts based on the large amount of interviews… with the actual experiences from the people who are really successful.” – Johan Nyberg (Change and Transformation Leadership | Agile Enterprise Coach | Management Trainer | Lean & Agile Governance)
Read more testimonials…
The Work Together Anywhere workshop brings together all the tips, tools, and best practices collected from hundreds of interviews of teams who are successfully navigating the world of remote work.
Be sure to check out the Collaboration Superpowers podcast for the latest stories of remote teams doing great things.
The workshop information has also been published as a book called Work Together Anywhere.
Sharing powerful advice gleaned from professional experience, extensive research, and interviews with workers and manager/owners around the world, Work Together Anywhere sets out a complete blueprint for optimizing team success, including:
- assessing and developing an individual’s team-focused capacity
- establishing a remote-ready office
- crafting team agreements
- running effective online meetings
- facilitating positive communication practices
Packed with hands-on materials and actionable advice for cultivating camaraderie, agility, and collaboration, Work Together Anywhere is a thorough and inspiring must-have guide for anyone who wants to get ahead in today’s remote-working world.
Are you interested in running your own Work Together Anywhere workshops? When you become a licensed facilitator, you can give the Work Together Anywhere workshop anywhere in the world, in your own company, or at public events.
To become a licensed facilitator, you first need to attend a workshop (either online or in person). Once you attend a workshop, you will receive a license agreement to sign and you will be ready to join the growing number of facilitators worldwide.