YASMINE ÅKERMARK is the Cofounder of Svenska Nomader, a Swedish digital nomad community, and the Founder of Sharehive, a marketplace for female entrepreneurs. In this interview she shares her tips for how to be productive on the road and learning the skills to be a remote worker.
Her tips for being a digital nomad:
- Being a digital nomad is not for everyone: Before quitting your job and going on the road, try it out in small steps.
- Save up money so you have a safety net for yourself.
- Have a routine in place and be disciplined. Learn to adjust to your circumstances.
- Surround yourself with others who are living the same lifestyle that you are. It’s helpful to have people who understand what you are doing.
- Working from the beach looks glamorous but it is not actually productive.
- Social media is a great way to meet new people and build your global network.
- Be aware of the communities you are traveling in, and contribute back to your community whenever possible.
- Use sites like Sharehive, Upwork, Freelancer, join Facebook groups, Slack groups, and conferences to get remote experience and to learn how to collaborate with people from a distance.
Podcast production by Podcast Monster
Graphic design by Alfred Boland