The 5 behaviors of good collaboration
“When we say we are “collaborating,” what we actually mean is we’re performing a variety of synchronous and asynchronous acts that are in tension and harmony with each other.”
In their Collaboration Report, Figma found five statistically significant behaviors of good collaboration:
- Co-creation: simultaneously working in the same file while bouncing ideas back and forth.
- Rapport: Building a sense of camaraderie, knowing one another beyond the work.
- Role clarity: Understanding who needs to be involved in making decisions.
- Feedback: Comments and discussion on design work that supports iteration.
- Reflection: Time to discuss what is and isn’t working and make adjustments.
Podcast production by Podcast Monster
Graphic design by Alfred Boland