Theresa Sigillito Hollema is a cultural consultant, team coach, and expert in working virtually. Her company, Interact Global, helps strengthen collaboration across cultures and borders. This interview is full of tips for how to talk to your team about culture, and what leaders can do to build trust on their virtual teams.
Her tips on working remotely:
- Have conversations about culture with your remote team.
- Reference models, read books, and hire outside expertise.
- Train your teams on how to work virtually.
- Be open to diversity. Bring people’s styles out instead of shutting them down.
- Lean how to increase your emotional intelligence.
- Build trust with quick deliverables.
- As a leader, empower your teams and promote continuous improvement.
- Try team building exercises.