Beat Buhlmann is the General Manager for EMEA at Evernote. He has also written books about virtual team management, digital transformation, and his latest book is about personal development. It’s called “Become the CEO of Your Own Life!“. In this interview, he explains his technique for creating your own work life balance and shares experiences and tips for hiring and managing remote teams.
His tips on working remotely:
- Create a team charter with your team.
- Visualize your personal development plan (using the Swiss PDP approach).
- Think holistically, not in silos.
- When hiring remote colleagues, use a variety of mediums during the interview process. Specifically check for listening competencies.
- As virtual team managers, be transparent and authentic.
- Trust is earned, not forced.