Being in the same room together is powerful because of all the sensory input that we have. We can see when someone is tired. We can sense when someone is frustrated. We can give high fives. All of these things create a sense of team.
When we go remote, we lose some of that physical and visual input. Building community through our screens is harder than doing it face to face, but that doesn’t mean it has to be worse. In this SuperPower Hour, I highlight snippets from various interviews about how to create camaraderie on your remote team.
- Carrie McKeegan, Director at Greenback Expat Tax Services (episode #62)
- Brie Reynolds, Senior Career Specialist at FlexJobs (episode #56)
- Howard Esbin, Social entreprenuer at Prelude (episode #2)
- Pilar Orti, Director at Virtual, Not Distant (episode #4)
- What we know about making enterprise social networks by Dion Hinchcliffe
Podcast production by Podcast Monster
Graphic design by Alfred BolandManagers, Podcast, Superpower Hour, Teams