Watch this 17 min video to up your remote working game!
Download your Remote Working Success Kit!
Working with distributed teams is becoming more and more the norm. You are members of a team who have experience working with remote colleagues. And you’re curious about what can be done to advance or develop your remote team building skills so that working remotely can be productive, fun/enjoyable – and maybe even better than working together in person. In this 17 min talk, we will dive into how to perfect your own game, and learn how to be a better remote team player.
Tools and resources specifically featured in this video:
- Neil Gaiman on the Tim Ferriss podcast on finding your work rhythm
- Why working from home is both awesome and horrible by The Oatmeal
- Create a team agreement for your remote team by Collaboration Superpowers
- Beam. With the Beam you can call in (just like with Skype) and drive yourself around using the arrow keys on your keyboard. (See my interview with marketing director Erin Rapacki at https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/47-be-in-two-places-at-once-with-beam-smart-presence.) (https://suitabletech.com)
- eteoBoard. A digital task board that consists of large monitors equipped with cameras, microphones, and a virtual task board set up to simulate face-to-face interaction as much as possible. (See my interview with senior consultant and Scrum Master Vincent Tietz at https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/82-connect-distributed-agile-teams-with-eteo-at-saxonia-systems.) (https://www.sogehtsoftware.de/zusammenarbeit-alt/eteoboard)
- FocusMate. “Distraction-free productivity. Focusmate virtual coworking helps you get things done.” (https://www.focusmate.com)
- Kubi. Beam into the Kubi and move yourself from side to side and up and down. Great for meetings where there’s only one remote attendee. You can sit at the table with others and turn yourself to see who is speaking or look at the whiteboard. (See my interview with some of the Revolve Robotics team at https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/18-teleport-with-the-kubi-teleconference-robot-revolve-robotics.) (https://www.revolverobotics.com/about-us/#ordering)
- Meeting Owl. Intelligent 360-degree all-in-one video conferencing device. (https://www.owllabs.com/meeting-owl)
- rumii. “Virtual reality software for remote teams.” (See my interview with Doghead Simulations athttps://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/151-virtual-reality-for-remote-teams-with-doghead-simulations.) (http://www.dogheadsimulations.com)
- Sococo. Sococo offers a virtual office with a customizable floor plan. All logged-in workers’ avatars are visible, so everyone knows who is working. Includes options for group discussion rooms with video and screen sharing, a virtual water cooler chatting area, and a Do Not Disturb Room. (See my interview with some of the Sococo team at https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/60-be-a-high-functioning-connected-team-in-a-sococo-virtual-office.) (https://www.sococo.com)
- Zoom. Enterprise video conferencing and web conferencing. (https://zoom.us)