April 15, 21:30IST
The Work Together Anywhere Workshop is designed to share experiences and learn how to:
- Avoid miscommunications
- Increase camaraderie
- Run problem free meetings where everyone contributes
- Inspire continuous improvement
Who this course is for
- High-level managers and coaches working with remote colleagues
- Team members who are enthusiastic about improving productivity and day-to-day communication with their remote colleagues
12 - 15 April, 2021 (all times IST - check your own time zone HERE)
- 20:00 - 21:30 IST with a 5 min break in between
- Online: four 90-minute, interactive online sessions powered by Zoom, Mural, Trello and other fantastic tools
This is not a “webinar”! You will be engaging in live conversations with real human beings who share your challenges. You are expected to be heard and seen throughout. As with any remote meeting, each participant of the workshop brings part of the meeting space with them. Please help yourself and others by ensuring you:
- Call from a quiet place.
- Have a stable broadband internet connection. Optimum bandwidth, i.e. internet speed on your side will be at least 10 Mbps download / upload. You can measure it using speedtest.net.
- Use a headset if possible or a good quality mic.
- Turn your video camera on.
- To optimise your set-up, follow these suggestions on how to have a great video conferencing setup.
Module 1 – Set expectations for how to work together
Avoid miscommunications and outline acceptable behaviors for how your team wants to work together.
Each team has its own personality and its own style of communicating. When we establish a basic set of guidelines for working together, we can remove costly misunderstandings. So how do we get every team member on the same page? In this module, we will dive into the process for creating virtual team agreements.
You will learn:
- How to establish a basic set of guidelines for working together on a remote team
- Common communication protocols for remote working
- Tools for capturing team agreements
- Create a productive workspace
- Why define normal behaviour
- What virtual trust looks like
- Define your team etiquettes
- Set expectations for how to work together
- Pro tips for your team agreement
Module 2 – Working together online
Increase the feeling of togetherness on your remote team by creating a productive and enjoyable virtual workspace.
There is more to a successful remote team than just attending meetings and completing tasks. In order to create a collaborative workplace online, we have to focus on different things to combat the “out of sight, out of mind” mentality, and increase that sense of team. In this workshop we explore how to better collaborate online, and the various tools and techniques for building trust and increasing camaraderie online.
You will learn:
- Best practices and tools for seamless online collaboration
- Ways to combat the “out of sight, out of mind” mentality
- Simple tips for increasing camaraderie and the sense of team/togetherness online
- How good is your online collaboration?
- What does a productive virtual office look like?
- Master remote communication
- Make the best of time zones
- How to make your work visible to your remote team
- Techniques for virtual team building
Module 3 – Facilitate online meetings like a pro
Learn how to setup and facilitate virtual team meetings to get the most engagement and interaction from your team.
Have you ever attended a virtual meeting that was full of bad sound quality, interruptions, and disengaged participants? In this module you will learn the basics for how to setup and facilitate virtual meetings.
You will learn:
- How to choose and effectively use online meeting technology
- Common communication protocols for effective remote meetings
- How to facilitate interaction and participation, and minimize distractions and multi-tasking
- How to look and sound great online
- Set up an engaging online meeting space
- Tips for hybrid meetings
- Create psychological safety in your online meetings
- Define your meeting etiquettes
- How to facilitate meetings online
Module 4 – Feedback, appreciation, and celebrations
Learn how to give and receive feedback on both small and big things to inspire continuous improvement.
On remote teams, giving and receiving feedback become critical elements for success. In order to feel more connected, it’s important to acknowledge contributions and accomplishments. In this module, we will dive into how to set a pattern for honest and useful feedback on your remote team.
You will learn:
- Techniques for rapid, continuous feedback
- How to set up 360 degree feedback systems so that colleagues and managers can more frequently measure each others performance
- Tools for showing appreciation
- How to conduct remote retrospectives
- The basics of giving feedback online
- How to give constructive feedback online
- The basics of showing appreciation online
- How to show appreciation online