October 9, 17:30 CEST
Remote meetings don’t have to suck. After this workshop, you will ROCK at engaging distant participants, and have tons of tips to share.
"Meetings are where the action is... It is in meetings that we agree on how we will make or break the future." Elise Keith
Format: Four 90-minute video calls with a small group, on Wednesdays at 4pm BST/ 5pm CEST What's that where you are? You should plan to attend all these calls: September 18 and 25, October 2 and 9.
Are your online and hybrid meetings working? They’re great in theory: they should connect all the right people, at the right time, to quickly get shared perspectives and collaborate on great work, without the costs and hassles of travel. But that’s not usually what happens. In reality, most of these meetings seem to be a frustrating time-sink.
But great online and hybrid meetings are possible. In this course you’ll recraft your in-the-room hosting toolkit so that it works just as well - perhaps better! - online.
You should take this workshop if:
- You dread leading online and hybrid meetings
- Feel disempowered and frustrated when you can't see all your participants
- You plan chores that you can do during those meetings when you're remote.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Design and host great online meetings of all kinds, including cadence meetings (eg updates, reviews, stand-ups, retros), innovation (eg brainstorming), training workshops, influencing events (eg sales pitch)
- Adapt your in-the-room toolkit to work effectively online
- Overcome the challenges of hybrid meetings
- Eradicate distraction, make focus the default
- Inspire high-quality dialogue
- Create the conditions where great online meetings of all kinds 'just happen'.
- Some of the best icebreaker activities for remote
- How online meeting technology is improving
- How to stop someone who talks too much.
In this interactive online workshop series, we will dive into how to reduce the three big challenges of distraction, disconnection and discomfort and make your remote meetings BETTER than in-the-room ones.
Remote and hybrid meetings don’t have to suck. Join us and stop the suffering!
More about your facilitators
Author, speaker, consultant, trainer and coach based in London, UK. Leading on distributed diversity and communication clarity in complex contexts.
I'm a facilitator, coach and trainer - mostly working over the internet. Not long ago I facilitated what was probably the world's first "video unconference" in which 150 people self-organised to talk about the things that mattered to them.
I'm the co-author of a bestselling book, "Clean Language", which describes a precision inquiry toolkit which works especially well in complex systems. I coach using this methodology, and I also teach Clean Language to Agile coaches and others, mostly online. I'm the co-founder of the Rees McCann Partnership.
I am a remote-working German-born American living in the Netherlands and I am totally jazzed by the fact that it's possible to work from anywhere. In fact, it's not just possible; it's completely, productively workable—if you do it right.
From extensive research and first-hand experience, as well as from interviews with over 100 workers and manager/owners, I have collected a treasure trove of advice & action lists, pitfalls & solutions, and personal reports of individuals and teams engaged in doing great things—successfully—from wherever they happen to be.