You’re running online meetings, but you know they could be better. Develop your skills as an online meeting facilitator so you can run rockin’ online meetings where everyone participates and everyone has fun.
In this session you’ll learn:
- How to structure and design your online meetings for engagement
- Ways to sense - and adjust - the energy of an online meeting group
- Advanced facilitation techniques that work compellingly online
- Effective methods for adapting in-the-room games and activities for the online environment
- How to establish whether your meeting was actually good - or not
- Practical tips for creating feedback loops that lead to continuous improvement
- How to strengthen your skills with hands-on practice in a facilitation “dojo”
- Ideas to extend and deepen your online facilitation network so that it feeds you support, information and skills
- Systems to help you recognise when you are not the right person to facilitate a meeting, and what you can do about it.
This is an all-remote event: each participant is expected to join the video call from an individual device, in order to maximise engagement and participation. Our teaching focus will also be on all-remote meetings.
Much of the material covered will also be relevant to hybrid meetings, where some people are in a room together and others are remote. But this meeting format introduces specific problematic issues, so a final, separate class will look directly at the topic.
We’ll start and finish on time, the technology will work seamlessly, and you’ll meet fellow-leaders who share your challenges.
We’ll be online together for 100 minutes. And we promise that it will be surprisingly enjoyable!
Author, speaker, consultant, trainer and coach based in London, UK. Leading on distributed diversity and communication clarity in complex contexts.
I'm a facilitator, coach and trainer - mostly working over the internet. Not long ago I facilitated what was probably the world's first "video unconference" in which 150 people self-organised to talk about the things that mattered to them.
I'm the co-author of a bestselling book, "Clean Language", which describes a precision inquiry toolkit which works especially well in complex systems. I coach using this methodology, and I also teach Clean Language to Agile coaches and others, mostly online. I'm the co-founder of the Rees McCann Partnership.
I am a remote-working German-born American living in the Netherlands and I am totally jazzed by the fact that it's possible to work from anywhere. In fact, it's not just possible; it's completely, productively workable—if you do it right.
From extensive research and first-hand experience, as well as from interviews with over 100 workers and manager/owners, I have collected a treasure trove of advice & action lists, pitfalls & solutions, and personal reports of individuals and teams engaged in doing great things—successfully—from wherever they happen to be.