Thur, 16 Jul 2020
10:30 - 12:00 CEST
Design & Deliver Great Online Workshops
How to differentiate your events from what is now a lot of competition, and how to make them fun and engaging for attendees.
With physical events now cancelled or postponed indefinitely, many are rushing to fill the gap that these events provide in terms of interaction with their customers and collaboration between their own staff. Most people are familiar with the standard event platforms and run their own webinars and online events. The standard webinar format isn't working - and hasn't worked for a long time. But in the age of social distancing, how can we take our online events to the next level?
In person events and workshops have often been preferable ways of learning from each other. In part, because online events present technical challenges and are often less engaging and fun. However, when in-person events are not possible, we want to continue learning together and driving business forward wherever we can. In this great online workshop, you will learn the key elements for designing and delivering your own great online events.
You will learn:
- Techniques for inspiring online engagement.
- Tips on infrastructure needed to run a great online workshop.
- Facilitation techniques to spark thinking and learning through discussions with others.
- How to infuse fun into the professional virtual setting.
This is not a “webinar”! You will be engaging in live conversations with real human beings who share your challenges. You are expected to be heard and seen throughout. As with any remote meeting, each participant of the workshop brings part of the meeting space with them. Please help yourself and others by ensuring you:
- Call from a quiet place.
- Have a stable broadband internet connection. Optimum bandwidth, i.e. internet speed on your side will be at least 10 Mbps download / upload. You can measure it using speedtest.net.
- Use a headset.
- Turn your video camera on.
- To optimise your set-up, follow these suggestions on how to have a great video conferencing setup.