16 DEC 2020 * 14:00 – 17:30 CET
What is the workshop extravaganza?
Virtual conferences are mostly passive learning. The workshop extravaganza is not!
We’re tired of watching presentations online. Instead, we believe that online learning is best done through interactive workshops and discussions with others. So our community of professional online Facilitators created the “Workshop Extravaganza” to offer you an awesome selection of remote workshops to take your online skills to the next level.
We promise that there will be no presentations, no lurkers, and no powerpoints. We offer experiential learning… and playful fun.
- Welcome and icebreaker in Kumospace, a virtual lounge where you can mix and mingle (check out the video on their homepage) or just sit by the piano and listen to music. It’s fun and easy to use – and something different than breakout rooms.
- TWO 60-minute interactive, online workshops from an experienced, professional remote Facilitator.
- Closing networking mixer.
- A six-pack stomach from all the laughing. 😉 Ok, we can’t promise that. But if it helps, we’ll encourage you to do sit-ups during the breaks.
The workshops – choose any 2
In these workshops you will get the chance to experience a wide range of remote collaboration skills, tools, techniques and tips to enable you to take your remote working skills to the next level. Our Facilitators are bringing experience from all over of the world, so you can be sure to find something perfect for you!
Each workshop will be offered twice so choose any 2!
- Breaking the ice: building great team spirit online – with Aaron McKenna
- Energize boring online meetings – with Sarika Kharbanda and Colleen Leclercq
- Remote Work 3.0: game changing practices for YOU and your team – with Line Mørkbak
- How to use Management 3.0 tools in a virtual environment – with Ralph van Roosmalen
- Meeting Overload Rescue Kit: improve your communication with CCM and async – with Michał Parkoła and Mark Kilby
- Remote conflict management – with Rafa Puerto
- Great remote retrospectives – with Nikoletta Tatar
- Design & Deliver great online workshops like a pro – with Nagesh Sharma
- ¡Engagement 3.0 para Reuniones Remotas Superpoderosas! – with Akira Bloise and Erick Masgo – IN SPANISH!
- Create the best Remote Employee Experience (REX) – with Tarcila Shinno – IN SPANISH!
There is a limit of 16 participants per workshop. It’s first come, first serve.
We ask you to choose which workshops you want to attend when you register (you are allowed to change your mind).
Plus: virtual swag you can actually use!
- Printable virtual meeting cards
- Free eBooks and remote working guides
- 30% off of the Work Together Anywhere Handbook
- 10% off future Work Together Anywhere Workshop with any Extravaganza workshop Facilitator (worth up to €50)
- Access to the Virtual Team Talk Slack group with access to 100’s of virtual working rockstars!
Who should attend?
The Workshop Extravaganza is perfect for anyone who is an experiential learner and wants to contribute their curiosity and expertise to the conversation.
Whether you work with a remote team, or whether you lead a remote team, our selection of workshops will improve your day-to-day communication and team building skills.
Cost: €255 (tax included)
Come for the icebreaker experience, stay for TWO workshops, and then reward yourself with a mixer! All are welcome.
Every workshop is hosted by an experienced professional Facilitator. We promise you’ll learn something new and have a good time doing it.
Each workshop is limited to 16 participants. It’s first come, first serve. We ask you to choose which workshops you want to attend when you register (you are allowed to change your mind).
16 December 2020 * 14:00 – 17:30 CET
We’ve built in plenty of refreshing breaks and hope you will use them to move your body (maybe do some sit-ups? 😉 and if possible, go outside or to a window for some nice fresh air.
This is not a “webinar”! And there are no presentations. You will be engaging in live conversations with real human beings. Expect to be heard and seen throughout.
As with any remote meeting, each participant brings part of the meeting space with them. Please help yourself and others by ensuring you:
- Call from a quiet place.
- Have a stable broadband internet connection. Optimum bandwidth, i.e. internet speed on your side will be at least 10 Mbps download / upload. You can measure it using speedtest.net.
- Use a headset.
- Turn your video camera on.
- To optimise your set-up, follow these suggestions on how to have a great video conferencing setup.
- Join the Extravaganza on a laptop or desktop. The workshops are immersive and experiential; you will have a better experience if you can interact with a variety of tools easily.
#1 – Breaking the ice: building great team spirit online – with Aaron McKenna
After almost 12 months of being forced into remote working, many teams are struggling with maintaining relationships, building new relationships, integrating new team members, keeping team spirit up and having fun! This workshop will give you some quick, practical and easy ways to tackle these issues on your next work call.
- Understanding why it’s important to make time for team building
- How to establish a basic set of guidelines for working together on a remote team Common communication protocols for remote working
- Tools for capturing team agreements
You will walk away with:
- Inspiration to increase camaraderie
- Ideas to of how to kick off your next meeting and give everyone a voice
- Ideas and templates for creating Team Working Agreements
- Experience using collaboration tools
Workshop Joining Info:
- Conducted on Zoom
- We will use a combination of Mural and/or Miro – links to be provided when the workshop kicks off
- Delivered in English
#2 – Energize boring online meetings – with Sarika Kharbanda and Colleen Leclercq
Are you tired of boring online meetings? We totally hear you!
Virtual fatigue? Burnout with facilitating online meetings? We totally hear you!
Online meeting spaces are not engaging? Online meetings miss the human connection? We hear you!
A good portion of our life today is spent in online meetings. And the novelty of this now starts to wear off.
Liven up boring online meetings with this workshop by experiencing a completely simulated experience of a Wow online meeting. Experience and try out a few techniques yourself and see things in action!Your
Learning with fun goodies bag
- A simulated experience of a Wow online meeting
- Experiment with a few techniques learnt during the workshop
- Learn from practicing short, simple ways to create connection and collaboration in each meeting
- Improve relational competence to get things done
- Share the meeting facilitation load from the get go in your next meeting
- Practice short healthy habits that you can implement right away
- Learning with Fun and new connections
- Experiential learning experience
- 20% discount on my public workshops
- Complete guide to Virtual Icebreakers
#3 – Remote Work 3.0 | Game changing practices for YOU and your team – with Line Mørkbak
Connected, focused, balanced – how to make WFA (Work From Anywhere) an enjoyable experience for everyone in your team
In this highly engaging workshop “Remote Work 3.0” we will focus on game changing practices to support YOU and your remote team colleagues.
Start your successful Work From Anywhere future now
The workshop will focus on ways to turn your limiting WorkingFromHome experience into a winning WorkingfromAnywhere strategy by understanding the benefits a remote mind- and skillset can have for yourself and your team. The workshop will explore ways to intentionally be set-up for a happy and productive remote (work-) life. The intent is to learn to overcome remote working traps by using inspirational practices from virtual pioneers and their companies.
- Insights into the distinction from WFH (Working from Home) to WFA (Working from Anywhere).
- Learn how to create balance in your remote work routines by thinking like an entrepreneur.
- Utilizing newest business research (HBR Nov 2020) to overcome an outdated “office-first” mindset.
- Revisit how you work together remotely by codifying your knowledge.
- Get practical inspiration to start hacking your online team work practices to achieve more focus, energy and a better balance.
You will walk away with:
- Inspiration to be courageous and innovative to take charge of your remote work habits
- Techniques to stay true to a Work from Anywhere mentality and not defaulting into replicating “the office”
- Seeing working remotely, not as limitation, but potential for focus
- New team work hacks to start testing out with your colleagues right away
“Remote Work 3.0” is an engaging workshop promoting an active dialog among participants, including online activities and given space for peer-learning.
More descriptions coming soon
Don’t worry. The rest of the descriptions will be live soon! 🙂