Name: Nenad Maljković
Talent: Cultural creative, network entrepreneur and permaculture designer
Based in: Zagreb, Croatia
Nenad Maljkovic is a cultural creative, network entrepreneur and permaculture designer who work works with a global organization of remote volunteers. He also wrote the Virtual Team Quick Guide which outlines a series of principles for virtual working. We talk about what they struggle with and how they make remote working more comfortable for themselves.
His tips for working remotely:
- When deciding how to work together, start with the tools people already know how to use. Focus on how to make working together enjoyable.
- Video calls are precious: “far from the eyes, far from the heart.”
- Any form of synchronous communication is better than asynchronous communication.
- Manage your distractions.
- Blog: Virtual Teams for Systemic Change: How to make both work?
- Read the Virtual Team Quick Guide
Listen to the podcast with Nenad Maljković
Watch the full interview with Nenad Maljković